Thursday, September 16, 2010

5-month update

Mummy says I can have cereal next week. Yay! Err what's 'cereal'?

Well actually almost 5.5 months. Delay due to us trying to change doctors. We had been taking Jo Ern back to Columbia Asia where she was born. But Puchong is far so I thought just take her somewhere nearer - we liked Dr Serena whom we visited when Jo Ern was off her milk. Turned out Dr Serena was on a long Hari Raya break. Waited at another paediatrician (now I know there are a few nearby!) only to find she has separate vaccines for DTP and HepB. I didn't want two jabs for my little one when one will do. So it was back to making an appointment at Puchong.
.
Weight: 6.9 kg
Length: 64 cm

Boo hoo... all readings are below average this time. Doc says below average is normal for breastfed babies. Aiks Jo Ern has been the same weight the past three weeks. Ah well, if doc says it's fine, I guess I shouldn't worry. Doc said can start Jo Ern on some cereal next week. Wheee I'm excited! Must shop for bowl, spoon and high chair this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. as long our babies are healthy, it does not matter if they put on weight or height.. but being mothers..we tend to worry a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai.. same boat as u, Stacy! I know how u r feeling...esp when we see those readings and it is not increasing! She's probably very active too...so dun wori too much. For Ally, after she touched 6 months..her weightgain has been very very slow...and now one year...no weight gain at all. I am devising all kind of plans to put weight on her... but still not working.
    Good luck on the solid feeding. very fun and nervy stage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as long as baby is happy and healthy the weight thing isn't a problem:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the advice. :)

    I consciously stop myself from weighing her too often. Still, once in a while take out the growth chart and worry that she's below where she should be.

    Most people hope their baby doesn't wake up in the night for milk. Me, I purposely wake mine up! At least get a few extra ounces in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha..I did it too and still do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete