Sunday, February 6, 2011

CNY 2011

Do I look nice in red?

This CNY I'm more excited than usual since it's Jo Ern's very first. Bought a few dresses for her. But a week or so before, she started having red spots on her face - rashes and mosquito bites. And there were new bites every day. Aiya, like that how to look pretty in all her new clothes? Luckily Papa bought a mosquito repellant, no new bites after that and my little model looked decent enough!


I have an orange! But Mummy didn't let me eat coz it has chemicals

For the first time, I was cooking reunion dinner.  The menu for 10:
1.  Appetiser: Pai tee top-hats (my mum made the hats and the chilli sauce)
2.  Steamed fish with choy poh and garlic
3.  Prawns with wine in claypot
4.  Roast chicken with dipping sauce
5  Stir-fried mixed veg - broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, carrot and sweetpeas with razor clams

(Prepared by hubby)
6.  Lotus root-peanut-pork ribs soup

(Contributed by guests)
7.  Yee sang from Eu Yan Sang
8.  Waxed meat rice
9.  Roast pork
10. Lettuce wrap

Plenty of food! As usual, quality was lower than normal with bulk cooking heh. The fish tipped over in the kuali and lost some of its topping, I completely forgot the garnishing, the veg was slightly undercooked, the prawn was slightly overcooked by the time the fish was cooked... but overall, everything was edible, phew.

Some of the food
.
Jo Ern can creep fast already and was happily zipping about.  She enjoyed the extra attention from Koo-koo, Alicia che-che and Kingsley kor-kor.  And although she must cry at the sight of Dickson kor-kor, she just loves to look at him anyway.  Err... and then cry some more.  

 I zip here, zip there in my little red dress

4 comments:

  1. Happy Chinese New year to you n family.
    Google for Buglocks. its a friendly, child-safe repellent, worn anywhere...

    Hey...your mom made the pai tee shells? at lot of work. i ordered pai tee shells from TTDI market. I think save all the trouble...ehhehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reunion fare...

    Thumbs up to u.! Happy Hoppy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah..... I'm impressed that you even attempted to cook CNY dinner for 10 !! Food looks good.

    Jo Ern's angpow is still with me :)

    ReplyDelete