Sunday, May 15, 2011

No food, please

Jo Ern... don't keep making up new challenges for Mummy, can or not?  I actually woke up thinking longingly of the days when I sent 2 portions of food with her every morning!  These days it's VERY difficult getting her to eat anything.  She shakes her head even before tasting the first spoonful.  Do some skillful spoon piloting and sneak the food into her mouth, she spits it immediately. 

What is THIS?  Well whatever it is, I don't want any

I thought tangy tomatoes might tempt her, but no, bolognaise sauce was rejected.  Likewise cheesy pasta, and steamed silky eggs.  All my painstakingly-planned-n-prepared food... straight from her plate to the dustbin.  Sighhh.
 
Luckily she is fine with milk so she gets 1 extra milk portion a day.  And she still likes cheese.  Looks like I just have to wait out this phase.  My no salt/no sugar/no seasoning food policy?  Out the window already.  As long as she eats SOMETHING, I'm fine with it.

(The photo?  Actually she's not looking in the bowl. She's thowing a little tantrum not wanting to eat her food.  Therefore CRYING into that bowl)

2 comments:

  1. Jensen too. Gave up. Seems like jensen prefers to eat from our hands rather than spoon n eat only bits n pieces of the food. Even gave him fried rice (our food) n he shakes his head after a few grains of rice. Aiyoh... Dunno wat to do... Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you don't have to worry about her putting on too much weight! (which is on my worry list). As I'm writing this, Elyssa is happily eating her 2nd tub of yoghurt and she already had a hearty hotel buffet breakfast of porridge, boiled egg, cornflakes, fresh juice, sausage & choc cake.

    But then again, she's less greedy than she used to be so hopefully Jo Ern will eventually be less picky than she is now!

    ReplyDelete