Friday, June 29, 2018

Fitting in

SE's kindy has some themed events.  A recent one was 'footballers and cheerleaders'.  I don't like buying a costume that would be worn just once, and anyway couldn't find any cheerleader costumes for kids online.  So the good 'kakak' (our maid) improvised.  There's a number "9" pasted on the front and back of her shirt - err the bottom somehow fell off a bit.  And those are pom-poms made out of paper strips.

And how did SE feel going to school in that?

SE:  I don't want to go to school!
SE: Why I cannot get a nice costume!  Why do I have a FAKE cheerleader shirt and FAKE pom-poms!

I made her take some photos....

I don't like my costume. Or these pom-poms
 
Smile. With my fake pom-poms.

But when we walked into the school, she tried to hide behind me.  Haha poor kiddo.  I went to talk to the teacher to point out the home-made costumes, hoping she would praise it.  She did so hopefully SE was happy enough after that!


Just yesterday, it was a 'Hari Raya'-themed day.  We totally forgot about it until we arrived at school and noticed others were NOT in uniform.  Drove to my parents' place and tried to find suitable clothes.... SE rejected all the options as they were NOT HARI RAYA CLOTHES!  Hehe.  In the end she wore cousin Erin's dress.   And complained all the way back to school.  And insisted I go and speak to her teacher to explain why she wasn't in Hari Raya costume.

This is so not a Hari Raya costume...


She could have worn CNY clothes instead if we'd remembered.  Oh well, what to do.  It would have taken over an hour to drive home and retrieve those.  While my parents' place is only 5 mins away.

7 comments:

  1. Even though SE is not happy with her homemade cheerleader costume she can still smile so happily for the camera so all is good. So what did the teacher say about her Hari Raya dress when you spoke to the teacher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to coax her a lot hehe. She didn't want to come out of the car nor to take a picture.

      The teacher told me it's ok. But I saw that others in the class had CNY or Hari Raya clothes, didn't notice anyone in a dress. Oh well all done now.

      Delete
  2. Kakak sure very pandai la.

    by the way... there is this FB page name Beli Nothing Klang valley. Can search for items that you want there. Saw people look for custome before there. ya no point buying if only use once

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kakak is quite resourceful one.

      Looks like an interesting FB page, I've asked to join. Just kepoh first.

      Delete
  3. Good that kakak is good with her hands. I too don't like buying costume just for one time use, its a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home-made hardly looks as good as bought ones though! Honestly I totally understand what she felt. Err though at kindy level no need to be so fussy la...

      Delete
  4. Home-made costumes are more unique!! And hers was pretty good... I also don't like to waste money on costumes unless it's those kind she can wear a few times, like her Disney princess costumes hehe.

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete