Tuesday, January 8, 2019

School Orientation

Time really flies... now my little SE is going into Standard 1.  It's good the school has an orientation session for the newcomers.  I'm not as anxious now as in JE's time haha.  I remember worrying about parking - this school is at a busy intersection with lots of big lorries going past, and I had a new car at the time.  Plus I've always been lousy at parking hehe.

Back to the orientation, it was a full-dress rehearsal.... (and this is obviously a backdated post! Happened end of Dec 2018)

Without my bag

With my bag

Luckily SE attended kindy near my parents’ place (unlike JR whose kindy was mear our house). Many of her classmates are in the same primary school.  And luckily again, her best friends are in the same class!  I’m pretty thrilled.  There are tons of students in this Dragon year and the odds were against them being classmates.

Clowning around


But this kid, she doesn't understand Chinese and didn't bother listening to any of the instructions.  It's going to be challenging time for sure. :(

With my new classmates

Went to the canteen after orientation and she wanted a Milo.

With Milo


4 comments:

  1. Very soon, your SE will get used to the language and start conversing in Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, not used seeing black shoes on primary school children. Good to see SE happily going to school to be with her friends. No worries because JE can always practise conversing in mandarin with SE to get SE to pickup the language faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least she's not lonely. Still no sign of any interest in mandarin.

      Delete