Wednesday, March 11, 2020

My birthday 2020

This rat year... is my year.  Getting old sigh.

I like to take leave on my birthday to do whatever I like.  That was out of the question since I had to conduct training on that day.  But I did have a good day.

When I woke JE up that morning, she sprang up, hugged me tightly and said Happy birthday Mummy.  So sweet... normally she will lie there like a rock and would be very difficult to dig up!

Later when I woke SE up, she also sprang up and went to get the card she made for me.  Card from SE:  There is a tiny person taking a chunk out of the top layer of 'the big cake'.  Her usual little touches to her art.

Happy birthday!


And from JE, TWO cards.  So much effort put into them, sniff.

Got stickers, stars, balloons

And a pop-up cake!

Outside of the pop-up cake card

Somehow it says "Happy birthday day". SE complained that JE checked youtube for these. And told SE that she wasn't allowed to use youtube until she reached JE's age.  Haha.

Celebrated on the weekend.  Kiddos insisted I must have a birthday cake.  Otherwise it would just be a 'normal dinner'.  So I dutifully went to get a cake.

Us and our mummy

With cake

Hubby brought wine along to celebrate.  Overall, definitely a good birthday!

Good food, good company

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you! wah, both of them remember your birthday and wish you the moment they open their eyes. the cake looks nice. what cake is it and where was it bought from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthdays are a big deal to them. :) It's a pandan layer cake from a small bakery near my house. Chose this coz hubby likes this type and kids won't choose it for themselves (though they quite liked it this time).

      Delete
    2. oh, I love to eat pandan layer cake. is it nice? My favorite pandan layer cake is from Golden Bake in SS2 PJ but it has closed.

      Delete
    3. I found it pretty nice. But Regent Bakery at Klang is the gold standard for such cakes no? A colleague helped to buy a few flavours last year and I liked the pandan version best.

      Delete
    4. Oh, the Golden Bake in SS2 is opened by the owner of Regent Bakery but later sold off so I think the pandan layer cake recipe of Golden Bake is given by Regent Bakery. I must eat the pandan layer cake by Regent Bakery one day.

      Delete
  2. So sweet of the girls. Happy birthday to you! So wonderful to have the whole family celebrating together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah good to have memorable moments like this.

      Delete