Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Melaka trip 2026

I had supposed no more trips within the country.  When the girls were younger, we had rotated between PD, Melaka, Genting and Ipoh for holidays.  Well, they are no longer little kids who enjoyed that sort of outings.  Like SE said, we had visited all the attractions.  Then out of the blue JE mentioned she missed the lime drinks in Melaka and also the satay celup.  So I thought, hey why not?  We were free for the Aug/Sept holidays as JE had exams coming up.  It could be a 'relax, study and eat' trip.  JE liked a change in her study surroundings.  It was tougher to persuade SE though she finally gave in.

So off we went.  :)  First putting a note here for future reference.  The rest-stop 30mins from home offers very decent shops - we could have lunch here next time.  

Hmm not bad

For accommodation, for once I was scouring listings for suitable study places haha.  

And here we are!  "Reserve 40 Melaka" is nice and huge, with plenty of horizontal surfaces.

Long counter here

Dining table here

There are also 2 bedrooms with queen beds and dressing tables, and one more bed in the curtained area next to the dining table.  There are 3 bathrooms (the luxury! haha)

And it is a stone's throw from the happening Jonker Street.

Off to explore the food scene


2 comments:

  1. Very lovely photo of you and JE. I guess SE took the photo for u both.
    Nice place to stay. I am noting down this name Reserve 40 Melaka. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stacy, I agree with Mun! The photo of you and JE is beautiful! I enjoyed seeing your lovely photos. 3 bathrooms....oh, how wonderful!!! The tile floor is quite nice as well.
    Thank you so much for sharing, and I really appreciate your visits and kind comments on my blog!
    I hope you are having a lovely week. :)

    ReplyDelete