Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ah Mah's Birthday

Jensen koko got funny colour pants...
.
Last weekend we celebrated my mother's birthday which was 2 weeks earlier. Hubby, whose family observes 'pantang-larangs' very strictly, has gotten used to my family selecting ANY convenient day! I previously wasn't aware that some people won't celebrate after the actual day.
.
Jo Ern was sleepy and cried a lot. She only cheered up when Ah Mah and Ah Kong were free to carry and play with her. Next time it's Ah Mah's birthday, cannot cry like that ok?
.
Earlier on.... Booo! Booooo!

Venue was Daorae at Kota Damansara. It was overall a hit and miss:
.
Miss: Stingy with the side dishes - they brought very little for the 12 people dining, went slow on refills and had the cheek to say 'no more' after some reminders. I only realised much later that we didn't get the complimentary fruits. They must have forgotten as it was crowded that night.
.
Hit: Service was enthusiastic - waiters were helpful on the seating arrangements. After dinner, cake was presented nicely (photo). Waiter put the candles on the cake, lit them and even wanted to sing Happy Birthday! Of course, the biggest plus was being together as a family. :) Happy birthday to my beloved mother!

3 comments:

  1. Aiya...... we were supposed to get complimentary fruits?? I still don't like the stingy side dishes part. Normally, it's one set of side dishes for each person dining. They only gave us 2 sets for 12 ppl then acted as if we were demanding too much when we asked for some refills. Hmmph!

    But despite all that, I actually enjoyed the food. :) And for the first time ever, we all finished the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a few times, and they give 1 set of side dishes for the 2 of us. Then we refill at least 1 more set. So I was surprised how terribly stingy they were that day. We ordered so much food too.

    Ya, I was pleased with the reception of my choice of cake! Pity Pandan layer contains egg, or we could have it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually justin ate quite a lot and he seems fine...guess we all can have that cake more often.. :-)

    ReplyDelete