Friday, January 14, 2011

Papa's away

Hubby's gone off to Myanmar this time so I took leave a few days. With Jo Ern, I am pretty much house-bound if he's not around.  My parents live too far away for me to drop by any time I like.  At most, I nip out to the nearby shops, banks or small market (I am constantly amazed at the crowd despite things being so expensive, can be double Tesco prices or more).  Then I quickly come back and check that the maid hasn't run away with Jo Ern, hehe.  I'm really glad of the maid though - at least I can have a nap, surf the net or potter about the kitchen in peace. The cuttlefish and two new fish recipes turned out well, and today I tried my hand at 'lor bak gou'/carrot cake.

And let's see what Jo Ern is up to...

Grabbing and stuffing sweets, wrapper and all, into her mouth

Messing around with Papa's snacks under the coffee table

Playing with Papa's back-scratcher and remote controls

Hubby, quickly come back ok?  I won't be responsible for any damage or loss of your property!

4 comments:

  1. Who is responsible for Jo Ern when you are at work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornings hubby sends her with the maid to my parents. Evenings either he drives them back or I do. This commuting is no joke coz the journey is about 40mins IF traffic isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really cute that u often post pics of Jo Ern stuffing things in her mouth or biting unto things or rummaging thru things. Shows that curious streak of hers. But she looks so innocent when she does it.

    Have fun bonding with ur darling at home. Eventho it may be stressful at times.
    Wah... u made loh bak ko??? no pics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Leona, didn't think of taking pics of loh bak ko, It turned out pretty nice actually. The toughest part was grating the lobak.

    True, my little darling is both a bundle of joy and stress!

    ReplyDelete