Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Verbal skills

The correct question is... WHAT verbal skills?!  Heh.  People ask if Jo Ern can say Papa or Mummy.  Actually, about the only word she says is 'Dog'.  So the family pet takes precedence over all humans!  She isn't very discriminating though.  Although our real dog is always correctly called 'Dog', almost everything else can be 'Dog' too.

Dog!  Dog!

Like she had a fun time playing with a friend's cat recently... and repeatedly calling the poor creature 'Dog!'  Recently she does seem to be trying out other sounds.  When I said 'bear', she said a short 'berk'.  When I said 'cat', I thought she said a short 'kerk'.  But it could be purely my imagination.  At 16 months it's still too early to worry... fingers crossed though!

Well, I can always point to what I want

2 comments:

  1. I tell ya..she is such a cutie =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he.... Enjoy this quiet time first! Once the 'zhi zhar' phase kicks in, there is no turning back ;)

    ReplyDelete