Monday, October 24, 2011

Ah Mah's birthday

Everybody sing...Happy birthday to Ah Mah.

Time flies and it's Ah Mah's birthday again! As usual it is pretty impossible to get a nice photo of everyone. Either someone is moving, someone has his//her eyes closed or someone looks funny.  Baby Erin also started crying halfway through.

We seem to have a new criteria for choosing a makan place now.  That is, having enough space for the kids to run/toddle around in.  This is a bit of a nuisance... half-full restaurants normally either have lousy food, are too expensive or both! Luckily for this round, my bro did manage to find a good place - Crocodile Farm.  Food was nice enough and it wasn't TOO expensive.  Since it was barely half-full, it also fulfilled our new criteria.  The kids sat together with the maids at the next table and we adults had peace and quiet to enjoy our meal. I liked the chilli crab with fried mantao, the egg/fake sharksfin appetiser and black pepper ostrich best.

Anyway the best thing is having a family gathering.  I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but I'm starting to like these a lot.  Happy birthday to my beloved mother!

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot there. I haven't really check mine yet. N another big family makan this Wed, with even more family members n I'm preparing quiche n apple pie... I'm enjoying it too

    ReplyDelete