Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Updates

Just a quick update on what I have been up to.  I had two offers after a week of interviews - a large global company and a small local one.  The former comes with a better package but involves regular concalls with Europe/US, thus the flexi working hours of 7am to 10pm.  Some travel throughout the year would also be necessary to Switzerland and India.  The latter offer has the benefit of the usual 9am to 6pm.  After agonising over the choices, I decided that what I want is going home at the usual time, EVERY day.  And if asked to leave home for a week or two, all I would be thinking would be getting it over and done with.  Decided that at this stage in my life, I should do more of the things I like and avoid those I don't.

So I was to start work 3 Oct at the small local company.  Then last minute the boss called me and said that since the project only starts later, why not I stay home with my baby an additional week and join later?  Grrr so he's already thinking of saving HIMSELF one week of my salary!  Not a good sign at all!  Some more use Jo Ern as an excuse?!  I am not happy!

Anyway I have committed to this path so I might as well walk it a bit and see how it goes.  I have already declined further calls from headhunters and for other interviews. 

And what have I been doing besides attending interviews?  I've been taking the chance to try out some of the long list of recipes on my to-do list, baked a cake and 2 types of cookies, made various types of jelly.  My parents happened to be on holiday in Turkey so I had 1.5 weeks with Jo Ern at home.  With this little one at home, I'm definitely not too free!  She demands to be carrried a lot, she pats the floor asking me to sit and play with her, she plays by herself but messes things up, drops things on herself or falls down hence crying loudly and requiring consoling.  Of course with the maid and her around, I also had to take care of lunch and dinner as well as supervise them.  While it's been nice, the first day my parents are back, I'm packing her off for some 'me' time.  Heheheeee.

I help to rearrange this cupboard ok?

One, two...

1 comment: