Happy year of the snake to all! I have a phobia of snakes and am squirming at the frequent pictures of them, heh.
With JE at 2y 10m, SE at 9m and NO maid, we had to keep it simple. I took leave for 2 days and made some cookies...
Some good, some not
Bought new clothes for my girls. I couldn't find anything for myself as usual. Then suddenly remembered a top that I'd bought when pregnant with SE. Couldn't try it on then with a bulging tummy, luckily it fits me fine. So yay, new clothes for all of us!
CNY reunion dinner was at my house again. Attendees were 9 adults, 1 toddler and 2 babies. The menu:
1. Yee sang - purchased. With THREE trays of salmon!
2. 'Poon choy' - purchased. I think this dish will really take off as a take-away option
3. Steamed waxed duck and Chinese sausage
3. Belacan long beans/celery
4. Lotus root and pork ribs soup
5. Salted chicken - contributed by SIL
6. Various munchies and lots of alcohol
Poon choy from Overseas Restaurant
Yee sang, waxed meats, veg
I plan to do more next year. JE and SE would be older and easier to handle by then. For now, I'm happy, life is good. :)