Saturday, December 29, 2018

Genting trip 2018

I had a total of 1.75 days of annual leave at my new job and had always planned to take them.  In fact, had planned to take additional unpaid leave too if possible. When the kids have school, I have to wake everyone up, get everyone ready and drive to where people are supposed to be - SE to kindy and JE to my parents' place. After that I see absolutely no point in taking leave... what could I be doing anyway - drive myself back home again to sleep?  Hehe. Oh, I did consider delaying starting the new job to Jan 2019 instead. But since I'd already decided to change job at that point in time, might as well just do it.

So planned the trip and applied for my leave. It happened to be a low period in the project schedule so timing was perfect.  And all in the nick of time too.  On Day 1, my boss called asking if I could cancel my leave and help at another project instead.  If our trip hadn't been already booked (not cheap at RM600 a night too!), I'd never have managed to arrange another for this holidays!

First we stopped by the Genting Premium Outlet. Not bad at all, the style was like outlet malls overseas.

We are happy to be here!


Prices weren't that good although hubby did find something to buy (he's the shopaholic between the two of us).  The kids were in high spirits although stingy mummy wouldn't let them buy toys.

Will you marry me...

Joy to the world

It was a nice place to visit indeed for one time, especially with Xmas deco up. SE was posing following the penguins.

Penguin, SE, JE


Penguin, JE, SE, another penguin


So what do we do when in Genting... lounge around in the room, eat.  We enjoyed food at our usual haunts.

Say hello to Piggy

How are you, Mr Piggy?

The theme for Xmas was Pokemon.

With the Pokemon Xmas tree!

Pikachus in the house!

Things aren't cheap in Genting.  The girls got to play at the arcade area with real money for the first time.  Before this the poor kids had to just stab at buttons and pull stuff that didn't work hehe (stingy mummy again).  Money doesn't go far at all there... a try to catch a toy is RM4 for e.g. and chances of success is minimal.  There is an indoor ride area now, but rides are RM15 a pop.  At RM30 for two kids.... actually the arcades start to sound more attractive!  Many didn't seem to mind though - there were queues both to buy tickets and for rides.  I quickly herded the kids away ASAP hehe.

I like the weather, the food, the room.  But the entertainment.... arggh.

6 comments:

  1. Good that you managed to go for this holiday with your family at this time because more fun for SE and JE to see the xmas decorations. I like the photos of them posing with the penguins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and your family!

      Delete
    2. Yeah the decorations make it a bit special.

      Thank you and a very Happy New Year to you and family too!

      Delete
  2. Both your girls have grown so much. I like their photos poses. Cute penguins and little piggy buns. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh they have ya. Can still remember when they were just little ones.

      Happy New year to you and yours too!

      Delete
  3. I think the last time we went Genting was 4-5 years ago?? There was talk of new FOX outdoor theme park being built then. Til now still no sign of it Zzzz... will probably wait until it opens until we go again haha

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete