Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Co-sleeping with SE

Or rather, my sleeping challenges.  I was going to take the single mattress leaving the kiddos to share the queen one.  Then JE decides to take the small mattress so fine, I share with SE.  It's not enough getting an elbow, a knee, a head unceremoniously plopped onto me during the night.  If I get up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, somehow in those few minutes she often finds her way to be a nuisance.

Took a photo as proof.  I went to the toilet and came back to find this...

Zzzzz

And she's getting bigger and harder to push away.  I ended up rearranging the pillows and scrunching up into the space available.

Found an earlier photo of her plopping herself onto hubby... 

zzzzZZzzz


6 comments:

  1. Lol! What a challenge...maybe she should sleep at the single mattress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First I would have to convince the older one to move to the queen. And then to convince the younger one to move to the single. I.... don't have that much energy haha.

      Delete
  2. You are back staying at your landed house instead of your nice apartment? You don't have this issue with sleeping in the apartment, right? Good, all sleep together, very cosy and nice for bonding. Enjoy it while they can still sleep with you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At last we can actually travel to our landed house now unlike with the earlier 2 pax/car rule! The first pic is actually from the apartment. She has also plonked herself onto both blankets and I couldn't drag them from under her.

      Delete
  3. Lol! She is so cute in photos which makes me laugh but a nuisance to her sleeping partner. Good thing she is not sleeping on a bed, or else she will drop onto the floor below. I have to admit I was a bad sleeper too when I was a kid. In fact, I fell out of bed a few times. Lol! Sometimes when I think back, I can laugh at myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids had always moved a lot in their sleep so it has been mattresses only. SE fell off a bed on one of our holidays when she was a baby. Luckily no damage hehe.

      Delete