Sunday, July 2, 2023

Ipoh 2023 - Han Chin Pet Soo

In my quest for other activities besides eating, came across this - a museum on Hakkas in tin mining.  It is on donation basis, just need to register online.  Set expectations low first...

Oh it was fun!  The museum is the actual premise of the old tin miner's club.  We walked in to a large table set for a 'meal'.   There was a guide who made the whole visit interesting and informative.  

We are sitting at the original meal table

We are standing on the original floor tiles

SE walked with me and I tried to make the information more relevant and fun.  I could relate to some of the history from growing up in Ipoh.  JE was with hubby who is never interested in these things (travelled with this person to Egypt and he wasn't bothered with THAT fascinating history!!).  Ended up SE thought it was good while JE thought it was 'meh'.

Oh well for me, I would totally recommend this place.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you managed to visit and found the place interesting. I wanted to visit once but was told to register first which I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have tried once before, also was told to registered. That was way before MCO... that long back.

      Delete
  2. Eh, why did my comment disappear? Next time both SE and JE must walk with you to enjoy trips like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to drag a sulky teen around when there is a like-minded Papa to stick to haha.

      Delete