Thursday, July 18, 2024

Melaka Last day

The last day of any holiday is always a short one, what with the time hubby and the kids wake up (me, my body clock wakes me up earlier) and the noon check-out.  I totally forgot the pool was closed despite a few reminders.  Went with SE (JE couldn't be persuaded to go) and just took some photos before leaving.

Pool is closed

Just pose for pictures

Last item on agenda was lunch at Tong Sheng.  There are all these places I want to eat at but they are far from where we are, have long queues, not suitable for some of us etc.  Finally can cross this one off the list.  Found the cheese prawn bihun not really special as it's not very different from normal sang har meen.  The crab requested by SE was big but not super-fresh.  The garlic squid was all right.  What I really liked was the rojak sauce pork - basically like Penang rojak with added fried pork and lots of peanuts (also available with chicken).  My maid has already replicated it once at home, to my mum's approval. :)

Big dish of crab too


5 comments:

  1. So the crab is fresh but not super fresh, is it? Your helper is such a gem. Can cook so well. You described the dish to her and she can cook it just from your description?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it wasn't enjoyable as the flesh wasn't firm. Not worth the price of rm250 for the 1 (v large) crab.

      Delete
    2. I also bought the rojak sauce heh. Guess it wasn't too difficult to replicate.

      Delete
  2. Ok, well done to your planning and execution, all of you have a good memorable vacation! 👍😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ! Accommodating the differing preferences takes some effort.

      Delete