Thursday, September 7, 2017

"Teaching" SE


SE doesn't read well in either English or Bahasa.  I tried to revise some Bahasa with SE...

Su Ern, what is this word (pointing to "guru"/teacher)?

Ermm G-U- ju... 

Mummy: No, G-U in Bahasa is always GU.

G-U Gu, R-U.... R-U....

Mummy: What is the sound of "R"?

Rrrr....rrr.  Uuuh... uuuh

Mummy: R-U is RU.  OK what is Gu-ru?

Mummy! This is so HARD!!


Mummy: Guru means "teacher".  Come here and sit properly.

Why you want me to read this word. So HARD!


Mummy: No this is not hard. "Guru" means teacher.  OK?  And sit properly.

Gnngggnnnn


Sigh.  This is going nowhere fast, let's leave this for another day.  I keep reminding myself that JE was also like this at SE's age, and now she can read already.

Another day comes.  Su Ern, what is GURU?

Mummy! This is so HARD!

SIGHHHH.

8 comments:

  1. ah, I feel your pain but SE looks so cute like doing yoga poses while you were trying so hard to teach her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am in your shoes, I wouldn't know whether I will laugh or cry. This post with SE's poses is very entertaining. Be encouraged, I think she will grow out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I alternate between laughing and crying actually.

      Delete
  3. She's showing you what it's like to be a yoga guru! hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is much easier for the teacher to teach than us..hahaaa..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be! Coz it can't get harder than this hahaha.

      Delete