Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Ipoh trip 2019

We were in Ipoh again!  Well why not, it's not so far away, the adults like the food, the kids like... whatever we do there.  Like feed turtles and fish.

We have turtles to feed

There was a turtle that had erm... turned turtle (upside down lah).  I was saying oh RIP, turtle.  SE asked what RIP was, and the following ensued:

Me: RIP means 'rest in peace'.
SE:  Mummy how can something dead REST?
Me: That's what people say when something or someone dies.
SE:  Mummy! I say it again!  When something is dead, it CANNOT rest! Something that is dead cannot do ANYTHING!  Only things that are alive can REST!

Hehe... this 7yo.

We need to feed fish too

We then popped over to Concubine's lane and picked up some food and stuff.

Check out my jelly stick


 I guess what I like about Ipoh in a way is we don't have much else to do.  The kids enjoyed the condo facilities...

Hahaha

Hehehe


They just love water heh. I'm happy they have fun outside and not in front of an iPad.

Take a pic of me!

And of course, we ate lots.

Like these swan 'wu koks'

And these googly-eyed buns

And these crabs in bread

I had to work throughout this trip.  But it wasn't that bad as the apartment was comfy and it sure beat working from the office.  Have to count myself lucky that I did manage to take leave in the first place.

The kids didn't want to leave at all and were grumpy that we had to.  Haha... until the next time!

4 comments:

  1. Fun and relaxing trip since SE and JE love swimming in the condo pool. Good that your work can be done remotely so that you can work even though you are on leave though we should try not to work when on leave but it is better to be able to take leave and work remotely than not to be able to take leave at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lo had to keep reminding myself on the bright side. To avoid feeling bad that I had to work during leave.

      Delete
  2. Too bad you have to work while on leave. At least you were able to take leave, gave the kid a trip in Ipoh, and spent time with them. To the kids, it is enough they had a holiday trip which they enjoyed very much. Do come visit Ipoh more often. Lol!

    ReplyDelete