Thursday, June 22, 2023

Ipoh trip 2023 - Mirror Lake

Fast forward to the next school holiday.  This time I was determined to go somewhere - *I* needed the break if nobody else did!  Previously I'd always hunted for apartments with fun facilities for the girls.  The last round though, I had to actually dig the girls away from their gadgets to go play.  So this time I didn't bother with facilities - found a new place at Kinta Riverfront.  Aha not bad at all, definitely a place we can consider next time.  

Found ourselves a comfy nice apartment


Mirror lake was left out in favour of Qin Xin Ling at our last trip so we headed there.  

Here we are!

Admission was RM20 for us.  There is a nice tunnel to walk through....

Cave mouth entrance

Oh but the area after that tunnel is really small, basically a jetty area for the boatride (which we didn't take as not cheap and didn't look like worth it).  The girls had to be coaxed and bullied into posing for pictures.

Mummy says pay RM20 already must take photos


Photos generally don't turn out well when the subjects are unwilling.  Oh well, pose myself lah.

I will make the RM worth it

We walked over to Chang Jiang coffee after that.  It looked nice enough but there was a 20-min waiting time to get in so we left.  I could see plenty of empty tables inside - maybe they just could not handle that many people.

After that we drove the short distance to Mirror Lake 2 which was one of the boat stops. Nothing to see there.  There might be some other attractions around but we couldn't find anything.  OK then just call it a day.

3 comments:

  1. Nice photos although u say there were reluctant participants. Good attitude to take photos of yourself! 👍 Must make and keep memories by having those photos. I think the tunnel is nice. Will note down and see when I can go visit this place. Thanks for the writeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I wouldn't recommend this place. Too small to be worth the journey/ticket price.

      Delete
    2. Ah ok. Thanks for the advice. 👍

      Delete