Sunday, June 19, 2016

Liquid diet?

Mystery for me to ponder... Why does JE need to chew 20 times before swallowing food?  Why does she need to gulp down lots of water to wash food down her throat?  It's like she's swallowing tablets. And she will complain she's full before finishing her meal - obviously she is, after drinking SO much water!

Unlike SE (who is just naughty hehe), JE would be valiantly chewing away at her meal.  And still taking an hour to finish.

I do wonder if there is a physical cause.  Maybe her throat is too narrow?  Something wrong with her throat muscles?  But she does eat reasonably fast at times, especially if it's food she likes.

Would be much easier if she could be on a liquid diet...

Drink this cute watermelon!

Love this vanilla milkshake... but don't ask me to EAT anything


For now, what to do.  Still trying to feed her as much as I can.  Hubby says no long holidays until the kids can eat faster - which I keep bringing up to her (without effect hehe).

3 comments:

  1. Maybe her mouth generates less saliva than others so her food is dry so need water to wash them down. Let her eat more soupy food or porridge lah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is okay because as you've said, she can eat reasonably fast the food that she like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mun, hmm quite logical also your theory. :)

    Nancy, I'm at my wits end on this one haha. There aren't that many types of food she likes.

    ReplyDelete