Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Another seafood meal

Following on from our seafood lunch at Kai's Plato, decided to try another type of seafood meal. 'Shelled Out' is in the same neighbourhood....

Check out our bibs!


We took a set platter which meant everything is cooked in the same sauce.  Pity, I was planning to try out a few of the sauces available.  But the kids don't like seafood so we couldn't order a lot.  Got sweet potato fries (loved this!) and chicken wings (all right, nothing to shout about) as well.  Kiddy meals aren't available.

Munching on fries and wings... when pile of seafood arrived

Check out pile of seafood!

Problem was, I didn't really like the 'Shell Bang' sauce.  And since everything was cooked in it, including the sweetcorn and broccoli, that meant I didn't enjoy the food much.  The fun effect was there = having food poured out onto the table, eating with fingers, throwing the shells into the bucket provided.

Pens are provided to draw anywhere you want.  I didn't like the resultant graffiti-covered effect - makes the place look dirty and down-and-out.  The kids loved it and didn't want to leave


I drew all this!

I drew a princess, a flower, my name...


If I ever come again, I'd definitely choose different sauces.  For now.... been there, done that.

10 comments:

  1. ah another fun place for the children. what does the sauce taste like until you do not like it? i do not see the name of this place mentioned here. what is the name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah i found the name in your post now - shelled out. do not knoe how i miss it just now.

      Delete
    2. The sauce was firstly way too salty. To me it tastes a bit like sambal dried shrimp, plus slightly sour and black pepper-y - hard to describe but I'm positive I don't like it hehe.

      Delete
  2. the sauce really makes or breaks the dish! We have similar "seafood in da bag" restaurants here too. Kinda pricey though..

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of interesting concept. Jakun me haven't been to such places. Like my kids too, they don't like seafood except fish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is always at the back of my mind to eat seafood cautiously because of my allergy experience..this seafood restaurant is some what interesting and allow customers to draw wherever they like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ai, yeah if don't like the sauce, the whole thing is a goner!

    Magictree, just go once... then can claim not jakun already haha.

    Agnes, the seafood itself was actually ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seafood and this place looks like a fun place. But if sauce is no good, then spoil the seafood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read reviews praising this sauce... oh well I definitely don't like it.

      Delete
  7. You can't go wrong with sweet potato fries. That is really neat that the kids can draw where ever they want. They can't do that at home, so it must be nice for them. If I had kids I would bring them there, so they would not draw on the walls of my home. Sounds like your kids had a lot of fun.

    Grover Milligan @ Captain Jims Miami

    ReplyDelete