Monday, May 28, 2012

Sleepyhead


Is it nap-time yet?

Su Ern still sleeps a lot. She is typically fast asleep the whole morning and afternoon, sometimes evening too.  I try to get her awake in the evening/night but sometimes that's impossible. Then we will have to contend with an active baby who poos, cries and demands milk throughout the early part of the night! Luckily it's only this period so far.

What about now? Is it nap-time yet?

I was initially rather worried about this sleepy baby, but now she does wake by herself for milk. Otherwise I feed her after about 3 hours. Even if awake at the beginning, she often falls asleep halfway. Then it's a whole rigmarole of jiggling the bottle, tickling her, shifting positions etc until she finishes. Sometimes her eyes would be closed throughout the whole 2oz of milk! With this pattern, I haven't tried to breastfeed again. The routine is to feed her then pump. Takes double the time, sigh. At night hubby feeds her while I pump.

The photos here are the very few with her eyes open!

3 comments:

  1. The first pic resembles the jiejie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I was gonna say too! she looks a lot like your elder girl.

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that except for shape of the eyes, there's a resemblance. :)

    ReplyDelete