Monday, March 9, 2015

My birthday 2015

Another year, another birthday. It's my policy to take the day off, to do whatever I felt like doing. And not to have to deal with minor issues like people wanting to buy me lunch, people wanting me to buy THEM lunch haha.  This year I was too busy with work to think of it.  Nor did I plan any nice dinner - figured it would be stressful setting expectations in case I was dragged into a late meeting or something.

The day didn't go too badly.  While I had to work a full long day, had lots of birthday wishes since my company sends out email blasts for all staff birthdays. People offered to drive me out for lunch (which I turned down coz it's a really long, hot walk out to the carpark!). My team mates bought me a slice of cake - it did feel nice having SOMETHING to mark the day!

Celebrated on the weekend. Hubby asked me what I wanted. We normally don't bother with presents - after all, hubby's money is like mine and I might as well just buy myself whatever I wanted?  Heh. But felt like having something this year. So finally selected what I've been on the look-out for, a new pendant. It's a flower in blue sapphires. :)

My flower :)


Next day I said I wanted a slice of cake, he got me a proper one. Woo-hoo!  AND voluntarily came over for a photo before I had to ask. Last year JE sang me a birthday song. This year I had to help sing heh. SE I THINK wasn't in the mood (didn't hear her voice). The waitress came over to sing since the place wasn't crowded by then.

Happy birthday to me!

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to you!!!

    From young I didn't have to go school on my birthday too (unless had test or something impt) because my mum said I was "queen for the day". So now, I usually don't work on my birthday too hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to you, Stacy. Wow, that's a beautiful pendant. The best birthday present is having the whole family with you. I like your family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday to you! The colour of the pendant is really pretty. Nice that you have a family photo to remember the day by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pendant!

    Dinner at The Ship? Again?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ai, wow I never got to skip school for birthdays!

    Nancy, true that. :)

    Mun, tq!

    Y, haha why not. Got kids and maid so how to go to posh place.

    ReplyDelete