Sunday, April 3, 2011

Almost one!

CAKE!  Want some, want some now! 

For Jo Ern's first birthday, we had the celebration with family at home. Home is still best for babies since they can move around and do their thing.  The plan was to take-away 'poon choy' and buy the cake.  I only need to cook rice and veg, make fruit tea and jelly, and open some munchies.  Good plan, right?  Nice and stress-free.

Too bad my guests started arriving at 5 o'clock!!  We had gone to Tesco and tired-out hubby was having a nap, I was sweaty from sorting out the chicken and squid, the maid was cleaning the fish, Jo Ern hadn't been fed nor changed, the fruit tea hadn't been popped into the fridge... And the people arriving straight from Taiping needed the toilet, some food, drink and a shower.  It was a hot day and there was a total of 11 people in the house who needed showers!  Suddenly I was flooded with queries on which bathroom to use, how to switch on the water, where to get some drinking water, whether the mugs can be used... and requests for towels, hanky, comb, biscuits, a spoon, tissue, cotton wool/wet wipes etc.  Haha so much for stress-free!  What happened was my grandmother wasn't well and everyone went to visit her in Taiping.  My mother decided last-minute to stay on there too.

After the glitches, things went on well.  Chek chek (my uncle)'s gang arrived at a more decent time and hubby went off with my father to collect the 'poon choy'.  There was a moment of worry when the thing looked too small to feed everyone.  Looks deceive... the basin was packed.  Pretty fun searching and digging for stuff!

The basin with all kinds of good stuff

Wanted some pictures of Jo Ern with the cake but she was busy trying to grab it.  She did succeed when I was distracted for a while. But as everyone said, it's HER cake so it's ok!  Happy birthday, my little one!  I plan to have another small celebration for her actual birthday on Wednesday.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Who provided the basin? On loan from the restaurant?

    Happy Birthday to your lil Angel. Best Wishes and Good health to her always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, the basin comes with the food for a RM30 deposit. That reminds me, gotta go return it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete