Monday, May 30, 2011

Universal Studios

Sure got a lot of people walking around this place
.
Woke up bright and early.  But by the time all of us got cleaned and fed, it was after 11am when we entered Universal Studios!  That turned out to be fine as there was enough time to see everything.  So... how was it?  Overall aiyo it was scorching HOT!  Genting has the advantage in its cool weather.  Not easy to enjoy yourself when you're melting from the heat! 

OK the park now... it was pretty small and there weren't all that many attractions.  My personal opinion is the props looked a bit cheap - expected more since Universal Studios is a known brand.  Of course we have to skip most rides (which is fine by this scaredy-cat mummy).  Hubby went for one while I waited with Jo Ern.  I looked at the after-ride photo and had to laugh at his extremely-tense face!  He tried to persuade me to ride as well but no way I was going to torture myself hehehe.

Everyone took picture with this yellow car so we also take

Mummy!  There's a funny-looking person up there!!

Hey, there a funny-looking person here too!

No, this wasn't the ride Papa went on. His wasn't so scary

Since the day pass wasn't cheap at SGD66, I was determined to go on all possible attractions.  But by 2pm I couldn't take the heat anymore and gave up.  We had lunch and went back to the hotel room for a shower and snooze.


This place, I tell you, is full of strange people

Strange animals too.  And their eggs

We resurfaced at 5pm and ahhh it was MUCH cooler.  Should have gone into hiding earlier and come out earlier!  We enjoyed the shows at Shrek and walked around until the park closed at 7pm.

Some things here are quite cute

OK took a lot of pictures already. Can we go back now?

4 comments:

  1. Looks fun...but thanks for highlighting some things about the park. Yeah, agree that it is no fun when when we are sweating away. If overseas, then maybe more enjoyable and to get the money worth.

    I oso dun dare go on the rides anymore. Sigh...if only we did all these when we were in our teens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leona, even as a teen I much preferred to have my feet on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice.... but i doubt JE will remember anything except from the photos later on.

    I do plan to go....Festive Hotel looks cool...expensive or not

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, yep she prob doesn't even know she is on 'holiday'! Any trip now is more for the adults to remember.

    Festive is SGD3xx at normal rate. We got promo at SGD100 coz of hubby's gambler status heh.

    ReplyDelete