Thursday, October 20, 2011

Food intake

I caught a big prawn!

Hehe got prawn to eat

Jo Ern still doesn't eat a whole lot.  She likes biscuits but takes VERY long to finish.  Fruits are about the only thing she eats reasonably fast... but I can't fatten her up on fruits.  :)  Overall food intake has definitely improved though.  In hindsight, it was a wrong diagnosis that period when she started rejecting her solids.  I'd been graduating her to chunkier foods at the time, and my maid said her food should be pureed again.  I think that was when she'd wanted to eat 'real' food, food that other people were eating instead of her porridge.  Hmmm then again, at that time she hardly have any teeth so how was she to eat rice and meat??

But she must have books and toys to entertain her at mealtimes.  I think she knows that while eating, she is the Queen!  For me the ends still justify the means. 

6 comments:

  1. That's a BIG prawn! Must be from buffet if you let her eat that . he he..

    Mebbe she's just naturally a small eater. At don't have to worry about being fat next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont dare to let Jensen eat prawn. I'm allergic to prawn as a little girl so worried might pass on that bad genes to the boys. Justin tasted his first prawn only this year. I guess Jensen will taste it at 5 too. Hahaha... Poor boys. I see Jo Ern does have more appetite now n she's the same size as Jensen now. So don't worry so much. U don't want Jo Ern too be fat either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuen, heh yep prawn was from buffet. I took it away after taking photo, was actually horrified that she putting the whole thing into her mouth! Lots of sharp parts on a prawn.

    Cat, I'm letting her try different foods, so far the only problem is with egg white. I want to slowwwly introduce chilli too heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. apparently babies' gums are quite hard and they can use it to bite without teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long she is healthy..that's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MC, I did read that as well, but Jo Ern was gumming stuff and then spitting out the whole thing in gummed form!

    Rachel, yeah I should relax. She HAS grown. :)

    ReplyDelete