Wednesday, February 17, 2016

More CNY pics

The first day of CNY, we went to 1u mall as usual.  This year we were to have dinner on the same day at my parents' place (normally this will be on a later day).  But decided to take the kids out since other days hubby had various meet-ups lined up with various friends - make hay while the sun shines!

Made them take a photo


JE had some popcorn samples the staff were handing out.  She wanted more, asked from the Papa and got what she wanted.

Lots of popcorn for me!


Many shops were closed for CNY so we just had lunch at Johnny's steamboat.

Mmmmmm


As expected we were tired out after our outing!  Went home, had a nap and had to dig ourselves out for dinner.  Arrived at my parents' place NOT late for dinner.  Which was mostly because my mum had forgotten to press 'Cook' on the rice cooker haha.  Had time to take a few photos - focussed on the girls since they were wearing the dresses my mum made them for CNY.

Say Gong xi gong xi...

Pretty maids all in a row - ages 3, 4, 5, 7


The next day (CNY Day2) we 'opened the year' with MIL.  She is 94 already.

Happy new year with Mah Mah


That night was dinner out with some of hubby's side of the family.  Took a photo with the 'God of Prosperity'.

SE maintained this stiff pose throughout


Phew I was tired after the cooking/hosting of CNY eve, the mall outing+dinner on Day1 and then the lunch+dinner on Day2!  Was rather glad that the rest of CNY was more relaxing haha.
 

5 comments:

  1. The cousins are all so sweet dressed in similar dress their grandmother made. Your two girls are so sweet in photo 1 and last one. Your mil must be happy to see all of you during CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so sweet in their new year dress the 1st pic. The 4 pretty maidens look beautiful in the dresses the grandma sewed for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all wearing their handmade dresses! Please do a collage of all the dresses your mum made for the girls heh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. SE's last 'stiff' pose is so cute! Can you sew too? My mom can but not me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mun, MIL is rather in her own world these days. I hope she IS happy with visitors.

    Nancy, thanks!

    Ai, haha I should right? Good way to compare how they look over the years too.

    Magictree, I'm hopeless at sewing and decided not to torture myself by trying. :)

    ReplyDelete