Thursday, March 29, 2018

Up Batu Caves

My cousins from Canada, whom we haven't seen for a few years, were in town. With 10yo Maya so outings were planned with her in mind.  And that's how we ended up in Batu Caves. :)  I was daunted by the number of steps as my knees aren't in the best condition.  But I figured things could hardly get better, and if needed I could always wait halfway to be 'collected' on the way down.

Turned out my poor girls were worse off.  They had a particularly strenuous gymrama session the day before, and woke up with achy legs barely able to support them.  And THAT was the day we were taking them up Batu Caves mwahahaha.

We reached first while my brother was still on the way with my cousins.

Here we are at Batu Caves

A journey of a thousand steps begins with one...

Climbing climbing



I did make it haha.  It has been many years and I'd totally forgotten what lay up there.  Well the cave at the top was HUGE!  Way bigger than Sam Poh Tong (which is my benchmark just because that's my most recent cave temple!)  And of course this is a Hindu temple vs a Buddhist one at SPT.

Huge cave


It leads out to an open area with a lot of monkeys.  There were active 'temple' areas with many people praying, which we didn't venture into.

Highest point


Overall this didn't take a whole lot of time.  We could have been done in half an hour if we weren't waiting for the others to show up.  But of course hanging out with them was the main objective of our trip!

That's everyone!

A sweet treat at the end.

Ice cream reward


I'm glad we finally made it.  We always pass by Batu Caves on the way up to Genting.  So now the kids will know what this place is.

4 comments:

  1. Despite your worries the steps were no problem for you and SE and JE. Well done! Did they enjoy visiting batu cave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we made it up and down, doesn't mean there was no problem hehe. I think the girls were worse off than me with their aching legs. They didn't ask to go again so probably didn't enjoy it that much.

      Delete
  2. I went there once many, many years ago. Climbing up was no problem but going down was a bit problem for me because I was so afraid of height at that time! My legs almost refused to take me down! Lol!

    ReplyDelete