Thursday, June 6, 2019

Checking out new places

I'm still working like a dog at my new job (just got confirmed after 6 months of probation period).  So much so that instead of going to our usual restaurants at malls, I prefer a quicker meal (and then back to work, sigh).  Recently we tried out two new places nearby.  Erm new to us that is... the shops have been around for years heh.

First was Fifth Palate.  The girls LOVED the food!  They were thrilled when food arrived and piled up their plates.  Which was actually rather a surprise to me.  While of course I had them in mind when I googled for likely restaurants, these kiddos aren't really into eating.

Wow look at the food!


We like this kind of food!

They got a rootbeer float too since they ate well.

Ooh brain freeeeze


The second place was The Uma for balinese food.  This was rather nice too, though food was rather spicy for the kids.

Check out our dinner!

HAHAHA!!

Guess there's a silver lining behind every cloud!  Though I hope to be out of the depths soon and get back to a more balanced life.

5 comments:

  1. wah, means you have been working round the clock during weekends too. Got work is good because that means the company can get business but need to make profit la, not just get business by under cutting the competitions. you are smart! manage to find a restaurant that both SE and JE will like the food. means mommy understands her daughters well. restaurants near you means far for me so dunno when I can try out 5th palate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so far weekends also. Though I still make time to fetch the kids for their various classes since hubby doesn't want to do that.

      Well these outlets are in Kota Damansara. Far for you?

      Delete
    2. yes, it is far but I guess I could go there when I go to The Curve since Kota Damansara is just further in from The Curve.

      Delete
  2. As long as there is time to spend with kids and family, and everyone is happy. I am more interested in what you ordered for the 2nd dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that was a platter with various Balinese specialities - pork ribs, lamb curry, roast chicken, satay lilit, veggies, sambals etc etc. I liked having such a variety.

      Delete