Friday, January 24, 2020

Ipoh trip FOOD

Besides the family bonding, and letting the kids have a good time, what the adults were after was the FOOD.  First was Restoran Hooray.  This was good!  Especially liked the signature pork dish with pickled onions. I did wish the fish wasn't so huge though as I spent a lot of time that night eating that fish. :p  Will be back to try other dishes.
 
Still a lot of fish

Breakfast was dimsum at Sun Kim Aik. Hmm while this was recommended by many, I didn't find it too special.  Another place next time.

One dish is here

And a dinner at BBQ Lamb. Lamb soup is good, other food not bad.  And kids get to run around a bit.

Let me try this potato

We make a love sign


I try to plan new eating places plus old, and a new one was Durbar at FMS.  It was definitely around when I was still living in Ipoh and my parents know it, but I had never been there before.  Anyway since it recently reopened and there was some hype about it, check it out lah.

Had Hainanese chicken chop (OK), inche kabin (undersalted), banana fritters with ice-cream (quite good), crepe suzette. It was my first time trying the last. Hmm rather an acquired taste with the alcohol.  Overall... nah, don't plan to be back here.

This is a whole fried chicken!

Oo. Fire

Another new place to us... tong sui kai of "dessert street".  Found our meal so-so only and thought we didn't choose the correct stalls to order.  Then found out from my sis and BIL that we DID order from their fav beef noodle stall.  The dessert was nice though.


Final place with photo... dai shee geok.  Now this place I always like.  Had the assam laksa, various liew and hubby bought tons of roast pork.  JE scored a aiyu jelly ice - this girl always asks for drinks instead of food and I usually decline her request on the grounds that if she has a drink she'll be too full for food.  Allow once in a while if the drink is special a bit.

This dessert came larger than expected and of course she couldn't finish it.

Mmm dessert for me!

Hmm overall guess we did have a few 'will not returns". Nothing was bad, just sometimes not so great. Must do some more homework for the next trip.

5 comments:

  1. You are right, there are some places which we will not return after trying the food for ourselves. Maybe it is just not to our taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Someone else's 'must go' place can be a 'meh' one for us.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you all trying out new places to give us unbiased reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha time for you to go check out Ipoh food?

      Delete
    2. yes I guess must make a trip there soon!

      Delete