Sunday, September 20, 2020

While on leave

I have finished my leave and gone back to work.  Purpose considered achieved as I feel almost back to normal - with occasional flashbacks to the mental torture but that's ok.  So what did I do for 3 weeks plus?  My aim was mainly to heal my mental state by doing what I haven't had the chance to do in peace for over a year - relax, read storybooks, take naps, go swim, waste time surfing online.  And of course EAT.  I actually lost 5kg during MCO as I was too stressed to enjoy food.  Half of that weight has been regained by now hahaha.

Also took JE out for lunch twice.  First was for Indian food at Chettiars near my old client location.  They didn't have my favourite veg pakora but JE enjoyed the food and requested to return for the lamb curry, potato masala, papadums and teh tarik (forgot to take pictures). The second trip for Malay food at Warong Ambo didn't fare so well.  I'd thought she'd like the many things on sale if not the food -  this part was totally scaled down due to the MCO.    

The syrup bandung is the best thing about this lunch

I could do with more days like these! 

5 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you are restored back to your normal self after the 3 weeks rest. I love Indian food especially their curries. The portion looks very big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Malay or rather, Kelantanese food in the picture. Ya big portion!

      Delete
  2. Warong Ambo food looks good in the photo. Did JE finish her food cos looks like a lot of curry gravy or you finished it for her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JE helped herself to my keropok and I made her have some of my daging bakar. She only pinched at her own food. The leftovers were enough for my lunch the next day. :)

      Delete
    2. Good that you took the remaining home for your lunch.

      Delete