Sunday, October 30, 2022

Ah Mah’s birthday 2022

Oh good it's still October - at least this post is still during the month of my mother's birthday.

Lunch was all planned and booked.  Then on the morning, my sis and niece came down with a sore throat.  And my mother decided it was better to postpone lunch just in case.  So sis called the restaurant to cancel reservations.  I was out to get the cake but hadn't stepped into the shop.

Then my bro asked us to join them (everyone except for the people under suspicion of Covid) for lunch since we'd already blocked off the time.  And hubby thinks we shouldn't postpone birthday celebrations.  After a round of calls (while I stood outside the cake shop) we arranged lunch at KD's Little Yum Yum.

Food suited our tastebuds. :) Standouts included sambal petai prawn and gulai tumis grouper fillets. 

Yummy food

Birthday cake appeared after the meal with 7 big and 9 small candles.  Took a few attempts to blow out all!

5 grandkids in attendance

I'll huff and I'll puff

Then 2 weeks later, we resumed the original plan at Extra Super Tanker.  My sis made the cake, food was good.

The whole family

Huff and puff again

So that's how Ah Mah had 2 birthday celebrations for 2022.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated 79th birthday to your mother! Good 😊💕👍 that everyone gets to join in the birthday celebration by having it twice. Was it just a normal sore throat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't hear anything further about the throats, so I assume just a normal one!

      Delete
  2. So that is how your Ah Mah gets to celebrate her birthday twice. Lol! Ah Man gets to huff and puff at 2 cakes. Great to have the whole family celebrating together.

    ReplyDelete