Monday, January 23, 2023

Beautiful place

Ending the Melaka series with the most beautiful place, The Baboon House.  I simply love the natural flora theme!  Again another popular place - we reached about 11am which I considered to be early for lunch. but we were informed there would be a half-hour wait.  Guess this is another place to aim for "right-after-opening" time!

I took some pictures while waiting.  There were a couple of these perfectly-set tables as in the pic below.  In a way luckily we didn't get these as I'm sure other people wouldn't be able to resist snapping a picture (just like me hehe)

Not us nor our table

The building was so long inside. This is SE walking to the washroom at the far end... 

Still haven't reached

After using the toilet, continued taking pictures. These are only a small part of the green. Imagine living in a place like this!  This is technically WITHIN the building which has an open indoor courtyard.

Pic 1


Pic 2

Finally it was our turn to get a table. Absolutely love the little alcove we got, it even had a small personal aquarium!  There were actually so many plants that it was difficult getting a clear shot for the camera.

Our table

What bliss!  Until I had to 'sour grapes' a bit and say that well living here, it would be SO difficult to maintain the plants and that much nature at home will be a little creepy.  Suffice to say I was the most excited in our group haha.  

The food?  Oh not bad at all.  The salads had rocket in them (a good sign of quality in my books since rocket is expensive) and the sweet potato fries were freshly-fried.   

Finally food. I'm going barmy already with all the plant talk

Sighhh.  Despite the queue, definitely a must-visit for next time!

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want so many plants in my house. Lol! I too would be wanting to snap as many photos as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh yes! There was algae on the walls so too much nature for me.

      Delete
  2. Nice photos. The open inner courtyard must be quite big to have so many plants. You are right about it being difficult to maintain a place like this. I like to eat rocket salad too. Thanks for recommending this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The building was really long, guess these days we don't have this kind of size.

      Delete