Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Melaka 2023 Day2

Before the holiday, SE asked where we were going - my plan had been to eat and sleep hehe.  SE took it upon herself to research places to go.  That's why we had A Formosa and St Pauls' church on our list.  :)  

This one is Porto de Santiago

Tourists at St Paul's

I'd wanted to revisit Baboon House but assumed the wait will be too long.  SE reminded me to check it out anyway.  To my surprise, we were immediately beckoned in,  AND got the coveted table in the middle.  What joy!  Burgers and drinks were good and I simply love the environment.  The others... weren't as enamoured as me haha.

Happy mummy


Thanks to me

Papa and Jojo were there too


On to Jonker St after that.  JE was attracted by this model of a tall ice-cream.  I discouraged her as it was either the model was a scam or it'd be too big, but hubby said to go ahead.   

Take my RM9

So it turned out big.  And how do finish something so big?  Obviously it was a chore, everyone had a brain-freeze (SE didn't eat much.  These days she just doesn't) and JE ended up with melted ice-cream dripping as we couldn't eat it fast enough.  It also tasted like low-quality stuff.

I do NOT have ice-cream dripping all over


We were tired after walking all over Jonker.  But we had to find our way back to the car which was parked near A Famosa - fortunately we didn't get lost, just a little far.  Then back to the apartment to recharge.  It was rather late by the time people woke up.  I'd thought it was too late for the satay celup JE wanted as there would probably be a long queue.  Also our legs were still tired.  But SE thought we should anyway.  Surprise... we managed to walk right into Ban Lee Siang, no queue (although there was one next door).  
 
Mmm I like satay celup

 Overall, a perfect day!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it sure sounds like a perfect day. SE is such a good sport to motivate all of you to do more on this vacation. 👍 for SE! I think I can gobble up the ice cream as fast as I can. So the ice cream just taste like frozen Milo with milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah was all up to SE!

      The ice-cream didn't taste like good ingredients were used. Anyway no time to slowly review as the thing was melting away haha.

      Delete