Thursday, August 11, 2011

One milk feed

Just how tough is it to feed Jo Ern?  Let me present photos from ONE milk feed.  Total in milk bottle, 4.5oz.

Read book ok? Drink milk and read book

Book dowan already... ok press buttons and listen to radio

Radio dowan already... here, pull apart this ball and put back together

Ball dowan already... ok play with this pen. Can click up and down

*Faint*  At least the toys I buy do have some use! 

Yes yes I know kids are supposed to eat when hungry.  But Jo Ern is underweight and if she inherited hubby's genes, well if he's engrossed in something, he can go a whole day without eating.  Our paedi says this is a critical growth stage so I dare not let Jo Ern dictate her own diet.  There are very few foods she likes enough to eat without prompting, and she is quickly bored.  She wolves down sweet potato, Mummy gets excited and goes out to buy more, and next day she doesn't like sweet potato any more.  Sigh.  My mission remains to get as much food into her as I can!  Then hopefully the paedi won't shake her head during our next visit...

5 comments:

  1. Luckily got maid and some more one that is patient & creative enough during feeding sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry too much and just hang in there! My girl was a very very picky eater too but now she's much better. It will eventually get better for you too I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try something new like drink from cup or straw. and u r on what formula? how about Pediasure? There were times I used to make milk cubes like ice cream to get P to eat/drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're doing a great job feeding her, and she looked lovely and chubby to me! ps. was great to meet you last week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuen, yeah Lina is worth her weight already just in this department. :)

    Ai, thanks for the encouragement!

    Rachel, that happened to be Pediasure. She's back to S26. I don't like Pediasure coz of the strong artificial-y smell. The choc flavour stains on clothes don't wash out, which scares me. Oh frozen milk cubes? Hmmm verrry interesting... I like!

    MC, haha thanks. Great to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete