Wednesday, June 13, 2018

JE's first outside party

Just to remember this.

JE went for her first "outside" birthday party - her classmate's.  She was so excited at receiving the invitation.  (SE was also, until she found out she wasn't included! After that she was very grumpy indeed)   I wasn't keen on sending her all the way there, what more in the evening.  But hubby said he would send her there and I'd only have to fetch her.  Well ok right, since she was looking forward to it so much.  She caught the stomach bug just before the party, but the vomiting stopped in time.  So off she went. Nice dress, a present for the birthday girl.

My little girl is in there

9.00pm I went to fetch her at night with SE in tow.  I noticed my phone battery was low when leaving the house, but figured it should be enough.  Problem #1 they were tarring the road in front of my house.  Took a while to get past the 1-way system.  Problem #2 we hit a Ramadan bazaar on the way.  Took a while to get past the jam.  Problem #3 Waze took us through dark 'kampung' roads.  And I realised my phone battery wouldn't be enough to get us to JE.  There was no way I'd be able to find the friend's house in the dark since it wasn't me sending her there earlier.  So what to do, made the decision to turn back home to get a power bank.  Problem #4 the roads were jammed going home because of the roadworks.

10.00pm Reached home and retrieved power bank.

Managed to call the friend's father after I got the power bank.  He reassured me they would take care of JE until I got there.  Phew.  I was relieved and was better able to entertain SE's non-stop questions and comments.  I envisioned JE running around and giggling away with her friend, and asking why I came to pick her so early!

10.40pm  We arrived.  Problem #5, JE was in tears. The other kids had already left.  And apparently the friend's father didn't tell JE that her mummy would be late.

Problem #6 JE had tummy pains on the way home and had to poo urgently.  I managed to stop the car in time, on a dark 'kampung' road.  Now the ONLY good thing that happened that night.... I had a full-ish bottle of water to wash her backside!  Haha.  And she was fine after the poo.

What a night!

JE later said that when she got there, she'd already wanted to go home. She only knew two other people.  The others played some games but she didn't join in.  And she didn't talk to the  birthday girl after the others left because she had nothing to say to her.

My poor shy girl.


4 comments:

  1. What an eventful evening for you! Poor JE, she must have left so alone at the birthday party! Good thing everything worked out well in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an eventful evening! You must have been feeling all sorts while driving there and back and there and back again. It was nice of the birthday girl to invite JE because it seems that they do not know each other very well since the birthday girl also did not talk to JE although JE there alone until very late. By right, the host should entertain the guest until the guest goes home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was stressful for sure! Some more I didn't want to alarm SE who was happily chattering away.

      Well the birthday girl is only 8yo. Guess can't expect too much. And maybe JE just didn't want to talk.

      Delete