Thursday, November 29, 2018

Close of a chapter

One of the reasons I’ve been unsettled recently is... I resigned from my job.  Oh the stress of looking for a new job, attending interviews, wondering at the outcome etc.  All this for only ONE application, mind you!  I can’t help it if things like this are a big deal to me hehe.  I have been with my current company for 7 years (5 years a previous round) after all and I like it there a lot.  Business hasn’t been good though.  The resulting problems and stress finally did it for me.

I was promoted all the way up a couple of years back, so I had the perks. And I am still thrilled now thinking back to my stint as the right-hand man of the MD and the head of the consulting team.  I will miss so many things.  In my next job I will be a nobody. I start next week.  What to do... bring it on!

Bye to my room

7 comments:

  1. All the best! When one door closes, another one opens! Gambatte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, you only need to send out one application to get a new job! Very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have sent more ya? Haha not used to this finding-job scene.

      Delete
  3. This is the 2nd time this month i heard someone resign after 7 years. Another of my friend also resign .

    Anyway, all the best to you on your new undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best in your new job! I hope you're settling in well.. This is my 8th year in my job already hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wouldn't have left at all if not for the financial problems.

      Delete