Sunday, December 9, 2018

Ipoh trip 2018 - Part 1

Between my last day at work and start of the new job, managed to squeeze in a holiday in Ipoh for the kids. Time flies, it had already been 2 years since our last trip.  Objectives were simple: food and play!

I planned in order to maximise meals there haha.  Reached and had lunch at Dai Shu Geok (I like the yongtaufoo, hubs likes the roast pork), then picked up swiss rolls and headed to our airbnb apartment.

At JJ Swiss Rolls


The girls were thrilled to be reunited with the play area.  They will outgrow these in a few years, so must bring them more often.  They happily spent the time there until dinner time.

Slideeee!

Dinner time already?  Nooo! 

Next day, we went around a few places.  First up, Sam Poh Tong for the girls to feed turtles.  They tried to get the tomatoes to the smaller turtles, and SE ended up in tears as hers all got gobbled up by the big turtles. What to do... her aim wasn't good enough to target the 'baby turtles'.  JE managed to gets hers mostly at her targets.

The calm before the storm hehe


As usual, it was the fish next.   It's nice also to come back to this place regularly.

I'm the fish feeder!

Next was wandering around Concubine's Lane.  Bought various snacks and stuff.

Take a picture of us!

Let me feed you, lambie


We wish you peace

Part of Ipoh's charm for me is the nostalgia.  Like visiting Seenivasagam park, where my family went many, many times in our childhood.  Maintenance of it is not bad at all. 


I launch, you catch my UFO ok?


The weather was just perfect that day.

Su Ern all smiles


This was the play part, the food part comes in the next post.  :)

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know that turtles eat tomatoes haha... when I was young, we used to visit Ipoh quite often but I have no recollection of these places you mentioned. Maybe just Concubine's Lane..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well traditionally we fed them kangkung/water spinach... which can't be their usual food also haha. They are certainly more interested in tomatoes, so we don't bother with kangkung any more (they are still on sale there.

      Delete
  2. What a nice family trip! Glad that you managed to squeeze this in. SE and JE look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was relieved to find this small window of time! My new company had fixed 'on-boarding days' and it was either join in Dec or Jan. I considered all things and decided not to wait a whole month.

      Delete
  3. I noticed that Su Ern has grown a lot. Few more years they will outgrown the play thing. Where is this airbnb apartment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has? I see her all the time haha. She eats slightly more than JE so it's not surprising that she's catching up.

      Delete
    2. Oh, the apartment is at D'Festivo opposite Banjaran.

      Delete