Wednesday, February 6, 2019

CNY Preparations

It's always the same... will realise with a jolt that CNY is dawning near.  This round, me being in a project going live and having its first financial closing, I had to postpone preparations.  I ended up working the whole weekend when I was supposed to be out buying things.  Luckily managed to catch up the next weekend (thank goodness Thaipusam was on Monday!).

Made a few edibles - cornflake cookies, peanut cookies, seaweed crackers - and bought a few more.

Snacks, check!

JE asked a few times when people give angpows. Of course I assumed she was excited to receive them. Then the morning of CNY eve, she called me and was wriggling around in embarrassment (she's always like this... e.g. when giving people a birthday card she had made).  Turns out she was GIVING me an angpow.  It contained RM11. She had apparently prepared the same for the Papa and kakak, raiding her coinbox and distributing its contents.  I was touched. My sweet girl!  But had to explain to her that only married people give angpows and she can put the money back.

An angpow for mummy!


New clothes - I'd ordered online much earlier.  Hubby takes care of angpows.  What else... some decorations for the house.

We are making decorations

Can lah, we're good to go!

6 comments:

  1. JE is si sweet to give all three of you ang pows! Where did she get the empty ang pow packets to put the money in to give you all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could have asked from hubby. We do have extra packets lying around the house from previous years.

      Delete
  2. Happy cny to you and your family! Wishing you all, good health, happiness and prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and generous of JE preparing and giving angpows. Whole family working as a team to prepare for CNY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm actually hubby prefers solo so we work on our individual areas hehe.

      Delete