Saturday, February 16, 2019

More CNY pics

It's still in the middle of CNY, but things have quieted down for me.  One more post to round off.

On  Day1 of CNY, some little guests came over.  My girls insisted on wearing their cheongsams again.   Took a photo of all the RED-RED.  These kiddos will grow up fast (while hopefully the adults don't grow old fast!) and look different very soon.

Smile for the camera!
 '
Dinner at my parents' place for Day2.  We had it out on the patio so pictures are a tad dark.  Need to note these down or next year we will be asking ourselves, last year what did we have ar?  Did we eat inside or outside the house ar?  Hehe.

Lotus leaf rice, pandan chicken, fried wanton, bbq meat with lettuce, pasta salad...


The kids had their usual table.

Want to join our table?

Probably no more CNY events for me, though hubby still has some lined up.  At least this year I had two work-related (as in FOC) CNY makans when previous years there were none.  Huat ah!

Gong xi fa cai!

6 comments:

  1. Wah, good that SE and JE are well immersed in CNY festive mood until they voluntarily request to wear their red red cheongsam to take photos with the little guests who are wearing red red too. So day2 the food at your parents' house is homecooked or potluck or tapao? they look delicious! wah, your new company is more generous than your previous company since they give two foc cny makan. I got no foc cny makan from my employer this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SE initially complained about the collar (I hate wearing those collars myself!). Luckily she got used to it or was vain enough to ignore the discomfort.

      Day2 food was potluck homecooked.

      Well my work is project-based so there were makans at each client. I actually missed a few due to not joining A yet when it was CNY makan there, and having just left B when it was B's turn. Oh well I need to diet anyway (this one just sour grapes hehe)

      Delete
  2. The little ones look lovely in their red cheongsam. After all the food, now need to really trim down again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I had to trim down even before CNY... situation is slightly worse now I guess!

      Delete
  3. Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

    All so ang ang and prosperous in their red clothes haha.. Lil Pumpkin doesn't like to wear pink anymore, and I couldn't find any nice red CS for her, so this year I just went with her fave colour blue. I matched her and wore blue too..

    But I do feel a bit weird not wearing red for CNY!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GXFC to you too! Well I do think blue is a nice sweet colour. :)

      Delete