Sunday, March 22, 2020

Kidzania

JE has been asking to go to Kidzania for quite some time. Tickets are expensive (Kids over RM80 plus, accompanying adults almost RM40).  I also read that it's very packed in there and people complain they spent too much time in queues.  But I'd always planned to take the kids there one day since it IS an interesting concept and many kids these days have been there.  

Finally snagged a cheap expiring ticket via FB... RM120 for 2 kids and 1 adult.  Timing was also good since people weren't venturing out much due to the virus.  (This was some time before the Movement control order.... no deaths and just a handful of cases in Malaysia).

Turned out rather a fun, though tiring, visit.  :)

The girls did everything together.  I'd brought my laptop thinking I could leave them alone after some time and do my work, but didn't manage that at all.  It took me a while to get the hang of things.  Mainly found I had to strategise and drive them along. Some jobs had fixed hiring times and I had to make sure they got there on time. Our first queue was Tealive, got there on time to find a VERY long queue and ended up we didn't make it.

Anyway.  I shepherded them for whatever available jobs - figured we gotta start somewhere.  So they got to be delivery people, CSI, designers, robotics personnel...

Shh we are going to investigate something

We want to design an eraser! And a pen!

Let's drive this robot

They did a stint as surgeons too.  JE said this was yucky.

Performing surgery

Kids got paid for jobs they did, about 8-12 kidzos (Kidzania currency).  Some they had to pay for it instead.  Like this supermarket, SE got paid as a worker and JE had to pay 6 kidzos to be a customer.  There was a shop they could spend their kidzos at the end.  But looking at the steep prices, figured there wasn't much point focusing on the kidzos.

I'm a hardworking cashier. Jojo is going to be my customer

My main target was McD hehe. They had to pay 15 kidzos, and I hustled them into queue 20mins before hiring time. 

We are making burgers

This one was worth it.  Food inside is very expensive so at least I didn't have to buy lunch for them  (Me, I had a simple egg sandwich with coffee for RM10)

Now we eat our burgers

Kiddos managed to do 11 activities that day. There are many more available, but it'd be difficult to do more since each activity takes 20mins, and there's time needed to queue and get from one to another.  Plus some pit stops for food and toilet.

Making a bookmark

I must say it was an interesting experience.  Since I now know how it works, next time I will be better able to plan properly.  Kiasu hehe.  Oh, and the kids said it was fun.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree it is an interesting experience for children. So did SE and JE ask to go again? This time they sure have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect it wasn't all-out fun... JE said she didn't like waiting in queue, which must already be MUCH shorter than usual. They also had briefing at the start of each activity. Some activities they liked more than others. Anyway I kept stressing it was expensive and we probably only go ONCE. :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting and great exposure for the kids.

    ReplyDelete