Monday, August 10, 2020

Sunway Lagoon

Still thrilled with the deal I snagged.... Tickets to Sunway Lagoon would normally cost RM460 (hubby 'qualifies' for senior citizen rate) for the 4 of us.  This 'ke sini ke sana' package was RM499 including 2 nights stay at Clio hotel with breakfast, and some vouchers for Sunway Pyramid.   The kids and hubby had never been to Sunway Lagoon, I went once about, oh, 30 years ago?  Googling showed there are now 6 parks.

Hmm yes looks nice and big

Our plan was to hit the dry parks first, then lunch, then the wet parks. So first was the Amusement park...

Teacup ride!

Mr Frog

Walked on the bridge about 5mins before scaredy-cat kids wanted to go back.

Now can we go back?

Quite a few rides were closed.  Not sure whether that's a regular occurrence or due to Covid.  

Candy ride

Yay!

Ok we make our bird go high and bump-bump

On to the next, the Wildlife park.  This fared better with lots of animals to see.

Wait for me!

Hi there Mr Lion

Food is slightly expensive inside but not that bad.  Had lunch at Marrybrown before going on.  SE really wanted to be buried in sand and was so happy.

Am I covered yet?

Now?

We spent the most time at the Nickolodean park.  

Spongebobs everywhere

Kids wanted me to go on the slides with them.  I.... was scared hahaha.  These were kiddy-targetted rides and I was gripping at the sides trying to slow myself down.  Managed 3 and then gave up.  So I am the real scaredy-cat!  

Woo hoo! Again!  Again!

These days JE often wants to eat.  Works well for me - hope she can make up for the years of not being interested in food and being underweight.  The pizza was good, the chicken wings not so. 

Waiting for our food

Enjoyed our day... the parks open 10am to 6pm and we spent almost that long in there.  JE wanted to go on more rides but SE was too scared (and Mummy even worse).  A picture before we leave.

Say cheese!

The best thing about a package like this, we weren't sad to leave since we weren't going home but onwards to dinner and hotel.

5 comments:

  1. Good value for money! Best of all, no crowd! So fun. Now I feel like going because I like the hanging bridge but I am sure my spouse wouldn't want to go so no go. I just enjoy your photos. Good to hear JE is starting to enjoy eating food. Did you all cover SE's body with sand totally? Staying in the hotel nearby is best cos can go to the park again the next day. Very good package. Well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are good hotel deals for 2 at One World and Saujana, might suit you more. :)

      SE never got totally covered haha. She was happy enough so I figured no need to point that out. Oh the lagoon pass was only for ONE day. Good enough though.

      Delete
    2. Yes, good enough. We have had enough of staying in hotels. Just would like to walk on the hanging bridge.

      Delete
  2. That was a wonderful holiday especially for the girls. Can see from the photos that they enjoyed themselves very much. My one and only visit was many, many years ago, can't even remember how long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrill-seeker adults would have enjoyed the scary rides. These kind of places are not for scaredy-cats like me!

      Delete