Monday, December 7, 2020

A weekend

Or rather, what we ate one weekend!   

Grilled chicken, beef burger, chilli con carne baked fries

The kids are always more interested in drinks than food.  I usually veto having a drinks order as JE from young didn't eat properly and it'd be worse if she fills her tummy with drink.  And I generally want to scold someone (usually hubby the culprit) on the occasions when they do get a drink as both of them would be too busy on the drink instead of eating.  Yes, ONE drink.  Well they only have one food order between the two of them so logical to have only one drink as well.     

Sometimes I would relent if they ask for drinks after their food is almost finished.  They loved this milkshake.

Vanilla milkshake, mmmmm


Another day, cakes at Secret Recipe.  Got a good deal from Shopee for 3 pieces of cake.  Should have bought another voucher while it was valid!  Enjoyed all the cakes we selected (rose lychee, chocolate moist and salted caramel macadamia cheesecake).

Rose lychee cake

And the kiddos like the ice-blended drinks at this cafe called Kopi Mesin.

Chocoberry is yums! Next time will choose choco-nilla


Suffice to say all this cafe-hopping doesn't come cheap!  Easily RM15 for a drink, another RM15 for a piece of cake... oh my cheapskate side grumbles. 
 

9 comments:

  1. Your girls really love their drinks. I too love milkshake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been a fan of milkshakes actually. Somehow they aren't widely available.

      Delete
  2. I was about to suggest milk shake for them and then read that it was indeed the drink they ordered. Sometimes I indulge in milkshakes too especially strawberry milkshakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love milkshakes too! Just that they are very filling.

      Delete
  3. Hi Stacy, have you received the stickers? The status is delivered. Maybe is with the guard again or in your post box if you didn't receive it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally went down to check and indeed they were in the postbox. The girls were thrilled.

      Delete
  4. Both of your daughters have sweet tooth. I never like milkshake nor cakes ever since young but i like savoury snacks till neglect my rice😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My older one overall prefers savoury. Me, I've always liked all kinds of food haha.

      Delete