Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Food whatsapp group

I'm someone who generally don't know my neighbours.  It's easier to just go into the house and not bother about small talk.  Then one day I saw a FB post where someone was asking about delivery charges to my area.  And a second person had asked to share as she was in the same area.  So I put up my hand as well.  Then that second person messaged me if I was in this food whatsapp group.  Turns out this group was right in my 'taman'!  

Woohoo! My area isn't a central one like PJ or Puchong so delivery would normally cost a bomb.  So sharing with others was the perfect solution.

Let's check out Siti's nasi lemak

Would you like some apple strudel?


So far I have ordered quite a few food items.  Err no I don't really know additional people - in these MCO times, the strategy is basically pick up and go so as to minimise human contact.

Only thing is, I can only participate if food arrives on weekends.  Otherwise can only look on while others excitedly order yummy food haha.

8 comments:

  1. Yes to group buys! Lucky that you saw that FB post and got yourself into the food WhatsApp group. That apple strudel looks delicious! Was it very quickly finished eaten by SE and JE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SE likes the strudel, JE only tried a bit then didn't want any more. Ended up I had a lot to myself which isn't good for watching weight! I might be tempted if they organise another group buy at a later time.

      Delete
  2. ah...nasi lemak! my fav banana wrapped ones! Good to have some other people to share the delivery cost. I think it is quite norm for people to not know their neighbours these days...I don't even know my neighbour's name/surname despite staying next to them for years! I only know of the kids name coz that's what their parents call them (to go into the house after playing outside for so long)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh yes must be calling out to the kids a lot.

      Delete
  3. correction *banana leaf wrapped*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah banana leaves do wonders for my sensory enjoyment of nasi lemak.

      Delete
  4. I only get to know my neighbours after I retired and when I get to spend more time outside my house e.g. gardening, etc. At least I get to greet them, "Good morning" or just a word of "Hello". Everyone is busy in their own way. I don't think I have tasted apple strudel. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This apple strudel is really good. I have to keep telling myself I DON'T like strudel!

      Delete