Friday, August 6, 2021

Food during MCO

What's there to do during MCO right?  Can't go to the mall, can't go anywhere, can't even go outdoors without a reason.  So we EAT.  :)


Satay! From Satay Sumo

Take picture with satay because Mummy says so


We have fast food quite often as the kids like it.

Pizza from Domino's


Burger fixed at home

Options nearby are limited to halal food.  Luckily the kids can take a certain level of spicy food now, although SE needs to have her meat scraped of its curry sauce and then drowned in water or soup before she will eat it.  And JE is not above proclaiming food 'too spicy!' if she does not like it.  So I still have to make sure there's something non-spicy on the table.

Briyani from downstairs


Tried this famous nasi lemak.  But it didn't live up to my expectations.  Actually my more expensive orders generally don't so I should just stick to 'normal' fare. 

Nasi lemak from NALE

And lots more of course.

6 comments:

  1. So true. In this time, just concentrate on food. This satay is on my radar. Will order it one day. Good that SE and JE are not that fussy about their food. I like to eat fast food too. So fun to live together with grandparents during the Emco. The more the merrier. Now is it back to walking daily or driving a few trips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JE and SE aren't that keen on food one. Nvm lah as long as their greedy mummy is happy. :) Yeah nice to eat together with my parents, one of the perks of living together.

      Now it's back to walking there in the morning and driving home at night.

      Delete
  2. I also had satays some few weeks ago...We are bored with pizzas so now we don't order tht anymore. Your mom looks excited with satays, she must like them very mch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have sharp eyes hehe. My mum loves satay.

      Delete
  3. Satay! Oh, I do miss satay so much. We used to have satay very often. Is the blue thing nasi himpit? Here the nasi himpit is just plain white rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! First time I'm seeing it blue as well. Must say it's prettier. :)

      Delete