Saturday, December 11, 2021

Waiting time

I go through some Bahasa with SE on weekends.  The time spent vs results is extremely low.  A lot of my time is spent WAITING.  While SE does this.... (after I ask her to open the book)
  
Lie on floor (here squeezing a toy)

Continue lying on floor

After oh, 15mins, finally she gets going on the book.

Opens book

After a very short while she slouches off to the chair and remains in this position for a few minutes.

Slouch

After patiently waiting a while, I eventually find out she's slouching over the iPad and secretly continuing her game.  If I hadn't been entertaining myself taking pictures of her, my patience would have run out much sooner.

AND after all this, she very quickly forgets whatever she has learnt. Wonder whether it's worth continuing this but obviously can't leave her alone either.  SIGH.

5 comments:

  1. Lucky for SE that she has a very patient mother. Maybe can try online one to one intensive BM classes for her but need someone to sit next to her during the online class or else she may wander off, hehehehe. 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She WILL wander off haha. And WILL have a game ongoing at the same time so 'she will not get bored'.

      Delete
    2. Actually no, mother is not patient.

      Delete
  2. Wah! You really have the patience. I think I will be gritting my teeth and smoke will be coming out from my nose and ears..hahahaa. She is one special child and a smart one too. A friend of mine has to sit with her girl when the online lesson is going on or else she will be playing games when mommy is not looking. Probably she will need a trusted personal tutor, one to one in the tutor's house where she is not too familiar with her surrounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the smoke happens for me too hahaha. I'm just hoping the change of medium from Chinese to mostly-English next year will help.

      Delete