Monday, September 26, 2022

Food at Ipoh 1

Food is definitely something I look forward to.  We feasted during this trip hehe.  A rundown of the places we went...

Day 1 dinner was at the Ipoh Gourmet Square (a fancier name than its earlier name 'Glutton Square').  It was a busy Sunday but we got lucky getting parking and a table.  Besides the curry mee I had been craving for, the other things I found delicious were oh-chien/oyster omelette, lobak and HK CCF.  The spiny shellfish were pretty good too.  I would have ordered more things if stomach space had permitted!  

Spiny shellfish

Day 2 we braved the queue at Ming Court for breakfast. SE was complaining throughout the half hour.  Once we got in though, everything was good:  Service was efficient, the dim sum were dainty and yummy, the prices were very reasonable.  All boxes ticked!  Still, probably our first and last visit as we are aren't willing to queue for long.  

Let's see if this is worth the wait

Lunch was noodles and assorted liew at Dai Shee Keok.  This is my customary stop at Ipoh especially since we could pop in at the nearby JJ Swissrolls afterwards.  Food was good as usual.  I belatedly realised one of the stalls sold CCF.  After an internal war with my gluttony side, decided NOT to tapau since we had other food destinations and I AM trying to lose weight.  Didn't take any pictures from lunch.

Dinner was at Hooray Restaurant for their pork chop with pickled onions.  Even SE the sworn onion-hater liked this dish.  JE requested soup, I said we already had enough food.  The waitress suggested a small portion for 1-2 persons at  RM6.  So ok, why not.  Then when soup came, it was chock-full of ingredients and was definitely enough for all 5 of us!  I was convinced the order was mixed up and they had given us a big portion.  But no, when the bill came, it was RM6 for the soup all right.  What a steal!  We ended up taking away the "lapsapkai" chicken dish (not in the picture below as it hadn't appeared yet) as there was really too much food.  The squid dish tasted good enough but the squid itself was too soft to the bite.  Penning this down so next time I will try other dishes instead.

Ah my soup is here

An additional thing I was happy about was the relief from the parking woes at our previous eating places!  I am not great at driving or parking.  Parking was a breeze here. 

6 comments:

  1. Really a makan trip! Dim sum is always a yes for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Availability of good makan always add to the attraction. :)

      Delete
  2. We haven't been to Ming Court for a long time because of the queue. I agree that the liew at Dai Shee Keok never disappoint us. I like the pork chop with pickled onion too. Oohh...must make a visit there one of these days. Good to know that overall you enjoyed the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foh San opposite Ming Court had a queue too, though not as long.

      Delete
  3. Ah, I must note down all the places you have been to here. Wonder when I can go makan makan in Ipoh again. Wow, JE loves to drink soup? That's good as soup is supposed to be nutritious. Well done for doing all the driving and parking for this holiday! I see all of you have had a great time. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JE must have inherited soup-drinking from the papa as I hardly bother with soup! Hehe I was rather worried about driving/parking. But I figured worst case I could get hubby to take over for parking.

      Delete