Thursday, December 22, 2022

Melaka trip 2022

For the year-end school holidays, we went to Melaka. Just like our previous PD trip, it felt nostalgic as our previous visit 2.5 years ago happened RIGHT when MCO was announced.  When I look back at my previous post, the kids looked so much younger (and cute!).  

This time I didn't bother looking for a place with a swimming pool as they would rather be online instead.  Booked Swiss Heritage as it was available and had parking.  SE complained at first until I had to tell her any more complaints next time she doesn't get to come along!  The place was ok to me - of course not a 5-star, but I am never one to pay a lot for accommodation.  Beds were comfortable and it was a stone's throw away from Jonker Street. 

We are at Jonker Street. Where we are staying :)

We went there on a Sunday.  Made a stop at Baba Charlie first (I found the nyonya laksa so-so only while the onde-onde was nice) then timing was just nice to check in.  I didn't expect there to be a pasar malam but there was. :)  Which was good.  It got REALLY crowded though.  We managed to find a seat to eat our fried radish cake, rojak and various items.  JE got cornered into ordering something by a staff while hubby and me were out procuring other items.  Luckily it was some lobak thing which tasted good.  

Finally found a table


The lobak which JE ordered


SE later totally warmed up to the room.  Here they are playing with the steam on the bathroom door.  Definitely something fishy happening inside haha.

Hehehe

5 comments:

  1. Walking distance to jonker street is very good. Can easily walk out to eat and look see look see. SE is so creative with an inquisitive mind, she would have made up her own game to play with JE. Good for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I would totally stay there again! Felt good to be able to just stroll back to the hotel.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great and convenient place to stay that is near to Jonker Street. I can't remember which place but I love the creamy and lemak cendol. Good thing the girls mist up the bathroom glass door. I am never comfortable with glass door, can see through ha ha ha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this door is frosted already so it's not see-through even without steam.

      Delete