Saturday, February 11, 2023

CNY eve

Slowly continue to post... work has been hectic. :)  

So this year, we finally got to what I'd been wanting all these years - CNY eve reunion dinner with my side of the family!  Growing up, my reunion dinners were always bustling, noisy affairs with lots of people courtesy of both my parents coming from big families.  So my first time with hubby's side was a significant change as there were basically only MIL and SIL. While MIL has passed on, relatives for CNY eve dinner increased. But since reunion LUNCH was relatively common within the family, I'd suggested changing our gathering to lunch so we could go to my side instead.  Anyway hubby had always preferred it to be dinner.  Then THIS year, things clicked. End of long story... so we made it there for dinner!
 
Happy me

Good food and lots of it, good people and lots of them haha.  My bro had a brainwave of introducing gambling to the kids.  I had somehow forgotten it, but this was one of the CNY activities I always enjoyed as a kid.  

We are gambling! Don't call police on us please

 Overall a very happy night indeed! 

4 comments:

  1. Wah, must be nice to finally have reunion dinner with your side of the family. Hahaha young gamblers. Play for peanuts? Or $$$$ ? Are you going to write about the reunion lunch with your husband's side of family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time since I got married haha. Yeah play for 10sen each time.

      Hmm I went to look for pictures of the reunion gathering and.... there aren't any hahaha. Was one of those rush days.

      Delete
    2. Everyone must be busy catching up and eating so didn't take any photos during the reunion lunch I guess.

      Delete
  2. Usually those with bigger families will get to enjoy their CNY celebration. The more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete